Leanne is passionate about client service, corporate governance and Board and Committee performance. She is a secretariat services and corporate governance specialist, providing support to a diverse range of loyal and long-term clients across the corporate, not-for-profit and government sectors.
Leanne has been working in the field since 2006, subsequent to her experience in management and government sector corporate policy and governance roles.
Through identification of the growing need for independent, efficient, cost-effective and practical secretariat and governance support, particularly in the not-for-profit sector, Leanne was instrumental in the formation of Governance House Pty Ltd.
Word of mouth referral and the organic growth of the service is a testament to Leanne’s expertise, experience and dedication to the implementation of best practice corporate governance systems.
Client feedback focuses on Leanne’s exceptional oral and written communication skills, attention to detail, talent for organisation and administration, thorough knowledge of corporate governance matters, professional yet approachable manner, minute taking and secretariat support services that exceed expectations. She is also lauded for her methodical, informed and independent research, reporting and review skills: a potent mix that yields results.
Leanne has a genuine interest in her clients, their various industry sectors and individual mission and purpose. She is sensitive to Board / Committee dynamics, working closely and collaboratively to ensure optimal results. The Governance House track record speaks for itself.
Previously engaged in the Media Regulatory environment, Leanne played a role in the introduction of community television in Australia and in the development of a price-based allocation system for issuing commercial radio and television licenses. This work involved extensive community and stakeholder consultation, assistance in drafting a complex legislative instrument and management of mandatory compliance and reporting frameworks.
Leanne is a dedicated professional, with a genuine interest in best practice corporate governance and secretariat support services, a passion that she instils in the entire Governance House team.
• Bachelor of Arts (English / History), University of Newcastle;
• Post-Graduate Diploma in Education (Secondary – English / History), University of Newcastle;
• Affiliate Member, Australian Institute of Company Directors.
For over thirty years, Steven has worked with a diverse range of clients at an operational level, to grow and develop their organisations for the future.
Through his foundation and stewardship of associated companies, Steven J Miller and Co (a Chartered Accountancy practice, founded in 1987) and Company Prophets Pty Ltd (a Bookkeeping and Business Advisory firm), Steven provides Governance House clients with access to a wide range of audit, financial accounting, taxation, bookkeeping, and business advisory services and expertise.
He has extensive and relevant experience as both a Director and Company Secretary, providing Governance House with a unique insight into Board / Committee dynamics and requirements.
As a busy business owner and volunteer Director, he provides the team with invaluable insight into ways of streamlining governance and secretariat systems and practice to create efficiencies.
Steven is a corporate governance and secretariat process expert, having supported a range of governing bodies across the broad areas of financial management, risk monitoring, compliance and management reporting for in excess of thirty years.
His experience includes (but is not limited to) the following:
• Director, Namatjira Legacy Trust from February 2017;
• Director of Rhodanthe Lipsett Indigenous Midwifery Trustee Ltd since July 2012;
• Treasurer and founding Committee Member of the Sydney Arts Management Advisory Group Incorporated (SAMAG) for 26 years;
• Director of Standard Communications Pty Ltd since June 2010;
• Current Chair of the Finance and Audit Committee of Standard Communications Pty Ltd;
• Company Secretary of the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse Pty Ltd since 2001;
• Former Director of Creating Australia from September 2013 until February 2016;
• Former Director of the Blake Society Ltd from November 2009 until August 2015.
• Former Director and founder of Keeping Company Pty Ltd from October 2011 to June 2015;
• Former Director of the Arts Law Centre of Australia from 2005 to 2014;
• Former Director of Sydney Film Festival Limited from 1994 to 2000;
• Former Director of Railway Street Theatre Limited (formerly the Q Theatre Limited);
• Former Director of the Australian Screen Directors Authorship Collection Society Ltd from 2004 to 2008.
Steven has a keen interest in the Arts and has supported the Arts both commercially and on a pro bono basis for many years. His support for the not-for-profit sector extends beyond service provision, having being an advocate for the sector for decades.
• Bachelor of Business, University of Technology, Sydney;
• Chartered Accountant, Registered Tax Agent, Registered Company Auditor;
• Member, Australian Institute of Company Directors.
• Member, The Tax Institute.