THE IMPORTANCE OF EFFECTIVE POLICIES & PROCEDURES
Effective policies and procedures are an integral part of any governance framework. Well-written policies demonstrate that an organisation is being operated in an efficient and professional manner, and fosters consistency in decision-making and operational procedures.
Best practice policies and procedures should:
- be consistent with organisational values;
- comply with relevant legislation;
- foster uniformity and consistency in decision-making and operational procedures;
- support stability and continuity;
- maintain the direction of the organisation (even during periods of transition / change);
- provide guidelines for business planning and development;
- assist in assessing organisational performance;
- support accountability; and
- clarify functions and responsibilities.
The team at Governance House are experienced in researching and drafting Policies and Procedures to suit a wide range of organisations and industry sectors. Contact us today to discuss how we can help to update your workplace, governance and operational policies and procedures.